Responsible for developing and coordinating projects and initiatives that will help expand and sustain fund development programs for Elk Hill, Inc. Under the supervision of the Director of Development, manages and implements programs in the areas of database management, gift processing, annual fund development, and donor communications. This includes effective planning and communication with the Director of Development and organizational leadership, as well as board members, donors, funders, vendors, staff, and volunteers.
- Manage all gift processing and entry into Raisers Edge
- General data entry and upkeep
- Monthly Reports for the Office of Finance
- Donor reports and Wealth Screening for the CEO and Director of Development
- Weekly solicitor reports for Trustees
- Manage the strategic planning, policies, procedures and calendars for the Development Department
- Development Office Administrative support to the Director of Development and Development Managers
- Manage updates to website and social media content
- Support volunteer engagement efforts
- Coordinate Campaign mailings
- Assist in planning Campaign special events
- Schedule and attend Campaign committee meetings
- Assist in reports for prospect research
- In coordination with DOD implement Elk Hill’s annual fund campaign; establish and meet campaign goals
- Maintain contact with donors and solicitors sending reports and gift acknowledgements
- Coordinate with Admin and vendors to assist with campaign mailings
- Coordinate the production of on time two annual letters, quarterly newsletters, donor stewardship mailings and e-newsletter
- Produce comparative reports with focus on donor retention, response rates and other pertinent data points
- Manage annual fund related vendors
- Annual Fund Direct Mail Support and Project Management
- Manage schedule
- Coordinate projects with the graphic designer and contract writer
- Coordinate projects and lists with the mail house
SUPERVISION: The position reports directly to the Director of Development and serves at the Elk Hill Goochland Campus, 1975 Elk Hill Rd, Goochland 23603
- Work is performed in a fast-paced environment.
- Some attendance and participation at events and activities will be expected outside of normal office hours and on weekends with advance notice.
- Elk Hill strives to create an environment that practices shared values inclusive of the following: Mutual Respect, Empathy, Integrity, Transparency, Trust, Insistence on Excellence, Hunger for Success, Passion, Creativity and Fun.
- HS and equivalent combination of experience and education with two years of relevant fundraising experience preferred
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, results driven, proactive, productive, able to work in a fast- paced environment
- Experience working as part of a team with a history of work in fast-paced, ever-changing fundraising environment
- Outstanding interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including fundraising database experience and knowledge of basic web-based and graphics software; experience with Raisers Edge Donor Management system a plus.
- Other combinations of education/experience appropriate to the job will be considered