Are you looking for a new teaching opportunity? Elk Hill Harambee School may be a good fit for you.
We are an organization that:
- Has talented, hardworking employees
- Is proud of its low turnover and several long tenured employees
- Has encouraging, passionate, leadership
- Advocates for special educational programming
- Has low classroom sizes and additional staff support
- Offers competitive benefits and pay
Elk Hill is currently recruiting for a full-time Special Education Teacher. Employees in this role develop and provide a learning experience for each student that is responsive to their unique educational needs in accordance with their total program goals. Other duties include: developing and implementing individualized plans, providing a positive classroom environment for learning, managing the emotional challenges of each youth, and maintaining complete records on the academic achievement of each student.
We are looking for candidates that:
- Preferably have a valid Virginia teaching license with an endorsement in Special Education.
- Have at least one year’s experience working with at-risk youth.
- Have solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibit consistent personal integrity with students, families, co-workers and community agencies.
To learn more about Elk Hill and all it has to offer, “like” our page on Facebook!
Elk Hill does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.