We are looking for a full-time Behavioral Aide that can work at Elk Hill Staunton School. Duties include but are not limited to: consistently providing a positive presence throughout the school day, assisting with behaviors in the classroom, and establishing and maintaining a professional rapport and open communication with students, faculty and staff during the school day at all times. An employee in this role must assist in problem solving/conflict resolution with students, maintain a high standard of care during the school day, build positive, caring relationships with students, evaluate student progress, and maintain accurate and detailed records and make reports. This position will perform substitute teaching when needed.
If you decide to apply, we are hoping that you:
- Have two years’ experience working with ED/LD youth.
- Have experience teaching in special education.
- Have crisis intervention training and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Can work independently and have good communication skills.
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Elk Hill does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
To apply send resume to [email protected]