What is Therapeutic Day Treatment?
School-based mental and behavioral health
Partnering with local schools to provide one-on-one classroom support and interventions.
[This is a Medicaid funded service.]
Our staff provide children with serious emotional and behavioral needs with daily support so they can succeed socially and academically without removing them from their schools. Our presence helps teachers get back to teaching and improves the learning environment for the entire class.
- Crisis intervention to build real-time coping skills and improve the learning environment for other students
- Individual and group counseling to improve social functioning and emotional regulation
- Consultation between parents and teachers to coordinate efforts at school and home
- Coordination with families, doctors, and psychiatrists to manage medication
- Individual therapy to address trauma and mental health disorders
- Family counseling to build parenting skills, bonding, and attachment
- Training to teach school staff to identify, understand, and support the needs of children with emotional and behavioral disturbances long-term
We currently offer TDT in the following public and independent schools and school systems, in addition to all Elk Hill schools.
- Anna Julia Episcopal School
- Buford Middle School
- Burnley Moran Elementary School
- Charlottesville Day School
- Church Hill Academy
- Genesis Alternative School
- George Watkins Elementary School
- Goochland County Public Schools
- Henry Avenue Learning Center
- Monticello High School
- New Kent Elementary School
- New Kent High School
- New Kent Middle School
- Powhatan County Public Schools
- Shelburne Middle School
- St. Andrew’s School
- Staunton Pre-K
- Venable Elementary School
- Walker Upper Elementary School
- Walton Middle School
- Yancey Elementary School
Don’t see your school listed here? Contact Laura Easter to discuss bringing TDT to your location.
Central Region Coordinator
Ann Abell, LCSW
firstname.lastname@example.org // (804) 457-4866 x 323
Greater Richmond Region Coordinator
Pam Pitchford, LCSW
email@example.com // cell (804) 514-3338 office (804) 562-5464 fax (804 562-5566
Serving children from the city of Richmond and the counties of Henrico, New Kent, and beyond.
Charlottesville Region Coordinator
Nikki Bowles, LCSW
firstname.lastname@example.org // (434) 220-7199