POSITION: Development Manager – Greater Richmond Region
Scope: The Elk Hill Development team is responsible for 1.4 million fund development goal, marketing, public relations, reputation management and communications for the agency. Overall development strategies include a focus on major gifts, alongside an annual campaign, a robust grants program and public awareness, stewardship and cultivation events. This position is responsible for developing and managing projects and initiatives that will help expand and sustain regional fund development programs for Elk Hill, Inc.
Duties: Essential Functions: (Essential functions may include but are not limited to the functions listed below.)
- Manages and is responsible for the cultivation and stewardship of a portfolio of 40 current and prospective corporate, and foundation regional partners.
- Coordinates with Director of Development and leadership staff to establish program needs and funding targets, develop and submit grant proposals and reports.
- Manages the tracking systems for grants, including proposal and report calendars and cultivation and stewardship systems and processes
- Responsible for researching and securing new corporate, foundations and government grants to support current and future operational and programmatic needs.
- Builds collaborative working relationship with program staff to capitalize on grants and cultivation opportunities
- Staffs the board corporate development committee
Individual Donor Management
- Manage existing portfolio of 20-30 Central VA donors and prospects
- Work with the development department to align efforts and set goals
- Create and implement moves management plans
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the board and other staff with their solicitation (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications)
- Acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition
- Track and report progress using specific metric
- In conjunction with DOD and other team members, create and manage the timeline, program and task list for small Richmond based events
- Lead all Richmond area event planning and production meetings and discussions
- Coordinate in partnership with Development Coordinator vendor relationships
- With DOD and other volunteers Develop and coordinate follow up activities with guests.
- Serves as point of contact and assists other Elk Hill staff with coordinating volunteer activities across programs.
- Maintains and manages relationships with current corporate volunteer partners.
- Support donor communications program including print and electronic newsletters, annual report, website, social media, event invitations, and other collateral materials
- Participates in the creation of the development department’s annual plans and budgets including management goals, strategic objectives, income goals, and goal measurement
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by DOD.
SUPERVISION: The position reports directly to the Director of Development and serves at the Elk Hill Goochland Campus, 1975 Elk Hill Rd, Goochland 23603
- Partial remote and flexible work options available
- Work is performed in a fast-paced environment.
- Attendance and participation at events and activities will be expected outside of normal office hours and on weekends with advance notice.
- Elk Hill strives to create an environment that practices shared values inclusive of the following: Mutual Respect, Empathy, Integrity, Transparency, Trust, Insistence on Excellence, Hunger for Success, Passion, Creativity and Fun.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 2+ years of relevant fundraising experience.
- AFP/VAFRE members preferred
Skills and Experience:
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, result-oriented, proactive, productive, quick, intelligent, cheerful, cooperative, polished, intuitive, and empathetic
- Experience working as part of a team with a history of work in fast-paced, ever-changing fundraising environment
- Outstanding interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including fundraising database experience and knowledge of basic web-based and graphics software
- Other combinations of education/experience appropriate to the job will be considered
Send resume to [email protected] subject line Development Manager RIC